Each year, St John’s College receives more applications than we have places available. The College is currently Full for 2020.
Applications are open for 2021
To give yourself the best possible chance of success, it is imperative that your application is carefully completed. St John’s College accepts applications year round. Most students come into residence in Semester 1 for a full year. Please contact the College if you have any questions. We accepting applications for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate residential places.
Our Selection Criteria
We assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Community engagement, and cultural and sporting achievements
- Interest in college life
- Motivation and energy
- Service ethic
- Leadership ability
- Distinctive talents
We consider your home location in our assessment. Students from rural and regional Queensland, and those from interstate or overseas will be given careful consideration. We accept applications for students from The University of Queensland and the Queensland University of Technology, especially those from regional and rural areas.
Before you apply
- Come and visit the University and St John’s College. Contact the Registrar on (07) 3842 6613 to arrange a time for a tour.
How to apply for both undergraduate and postgraduate places
- Complete and lodge the forms online and pay your application fee via the portal. Click here to apply online.
- Interview are conducted with the Director of College Experience, you will be contacted by the College once your application is complete. Interviews are arranged throughout the year, generally starting in August for the following year entry, or March to June for mid-semester entry. Most are conducted at the College, however, the Director of College Experience can conduct interviews via telephone or skype.
- Provisional offers are made shortly after interviews, generally in mid-October until all places are filled. (Offers are provisional on you receiving a place at a university above).
- Please contact the College if you have any questions.