Each year, St John’s College receives more applications than we have places available. Applications for places for 2020 are open.
To give yourself the best possible chance of success, it is imperative that your application is carefully completed. St John’s College accepts applications year round. Most students come into residence in Semester 1 for a full year. Please contact the College if you have any questions. We are currently accepting applications for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate residential places.
Our Selection Criteria
We assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Community engagement, and cultural and sporting achievements
- Interest in college life
- Motivation and energy
- Service ethic
- Leadership ability
- Distinctive talents
We consider your home location in our assessment. Students from rural and regional Queensland, and those from interstate or overseas will be given careful consideration. We accept applications for students from The University of Queensland and the Queensland University of Technology, especially those from regional and rural areas.
Before you apply
- Come and visit the University and St John’s College. You can attend a student-led tour of the College, talk with our Vice Warden, College Senior Leadership Team, or Student Leaders. This will help you to get a feel for life at St John’s. Contact the admissions officer on (07) 3842 6600 to arrange a time for a tour.
How to apply for both undergraduate and postgraduate places
- Complete and lodge the forms online and pay your application fee directly to the College. Click here to apply online.
- Interview are conducted with the Vice Warden, you will be contacted by the College once your application is complete. Interviews are arranged throughout the year, generally starting in August for the following year entry, or March to June for mid-semester entry. Most are conducted at the College, however, the Vice Warden conducts interviews in special circumstances via telephone or skype.
- Provisional offers are made shortly after interviews, generally in mid-October until all places are filled. (Offers are provisional on you receiving a place at a university above)
- If you are offered a place at St John’s College, you must sign a Residency Agreement. This is a legally binding agreement in which you commit to the responsibilities and privileges of College life and the financial obligations for a full academic year (two semesters); however, single semester residencies are sometimes available second semester.
- Please contact the College if you have any questions.