St John’s College is founded on Anglican values. We seek to express the historic Christian tradition of faith and worship in a critical and informed manner.
The Chapel of St John the Evangelist
Our College Chapel is open to all. Everyone is welcome to attend our services, receive communion, or to use the Chapel for their own quiet reflection.
- Morning Prayer is held Monday to Friday from 8.15am to 8.30am during undergraduate semesters. This service usually follows the order for Morning Prayer in A Prayer Book for Australia.
- Choral Evensong is sung by the College Choir regularly during the undergraduate teaching period. Choral Evensong is a unique service combining rich and beautiful choral music with readings from scripture and time for reflection. Everyone is welcome to attend this service and guests to the College and University are also welcome. If you would like to read a lesson at this service, please contact the Warden.
- Matriculation Services at the beginning of each Semester
- Holy Week Services: Good Friday morning prayer and Easter Eve meditation
- ANZAC Day Evening Prayer
- The Feast of St John the Evangelist, Patron of the College
- The Commemoration of Benefactors Service
- Valedictory Service